Christmas is an annual function that is celebrated to remember the birth of Jesus Christ. It is observed on December 25 as a religious and cultural festival among millions of people worldwide. People celebrate this holy event with great affection; they start their preparation weeks before the main event. But in Christmas 2020, it will be different; due to pandemic, all the industrial and marketing activities were paused.
When is Christmas Eve and day?
Christmas 2020 will commentate on Friday, 25th December. Christmas Eve is the entire day and evening one day before Christmas. The Europeans celebrate Christmas Eve, the night when the Santa Claus (Sinterklass Claus) fly to the earth.
How many weeks left in 2020 Christmas?
21.21 weeks and 148.5 days left in 2020 Christmas. Like past years, people will show their participation. Christmas brings happiness with itself. It can fade away the sorrows, grieves, and painful moments. In this article, we will learn about the 12 days of Christmas and how you can make people happy with traditional rituals.
Traditions that you can follow in Christmas 2020
From decorating the Christmas tree to watching Christmas movies and baking cookies, Christmas brings so many things. Due to pandemic, so many people lose their jobs, and so many are homeless. By following some Christmas 2020 rituals, you can bring happiness to the faces of these people.
Light-up trees at commercial areas
Homeless people spend most of their time around commercial areas. For involving these people in your happiness, light-up Christmas trees in those areas.
Bring toys for kids
If you have a wide budget and can afford plenty of toys, buy them for the homeless and needy kids around your living area. Treat them not less than your kids, like these people also deserve to be happy.
Make homemade snacks and chocolate.
Cooking delicious food and distribute sweets and chocolate is another important tradition of this festival. If you cannot afford chocolates and snacks, then try to make some hot chocolate at home. No doubt, Christmas Night brings happiness, but it is a cold whiteout night, and hot chocolate and snack is the perfect gift for homeless people.
12 Days of Christmas
Only 148.5 days are left for celebrating the 12 days of Christmas 2020. The 12 days of Christmas start from Christmas day and last till 5th January. The 12 days are celebrated as a traditional feast for different celebrations and the arrival of the saint. People give a countdown to Christmas and impatiently wait for this time.
- Day 1: celebrate the birth time of Christ
- Day 2: it is celebrated as “Boxing Day.”
- Day 3: the day of St. John the Opstle
- Day 4: it is the feast day for remembering the Holy Innocents
- Day 5: the day of St. Thomas Becket
- Day 6: the day of St. Egwin of Worcester
- Day 7: traditional feast and celebration day for pope Sylvester
- Day 8: the day of Mary (the Mother of Jesus Christ)
- Day 9: the celebration in the memories of 2 important christens (the Great St. Basil & St. Georgery Nazianzen)
- Day 10: celebration feast for the Holy Names of Jesus
- Day 11: celebrations in the memories of first American Saint “St, Elizabeth Ann Seton.”
- Day 12: last day is also known as ‘Epiphany Eve,” and it was celebrated in the memories of first American Bishop “St. John Neumann.”
These 12 days of Christmas brings lots of happiness and memorable moments for people. Due to the pandemic, some people are not able to celebrate this traditional festival. Don’t forget to make them smile in 2020 Christmas.