In the seventh match of the T20 World Cup, which had a lot of runs, Curtis Campher’s quick-fire 32-ball 72* and George Dockrell’s great unbeaten 39 helped Ireland beat Scotland by six wickets. This win gave Ireland a chance to keep fighting for a spot in the Super 12s. For the Live updates, Highlights, scorecard, match forecasting of the wc t20 2022 get in touch with The UK Time.
Facts and Figures for the Game:
- Ireland’s successful run chase of 177 ranks as the country’s third-highest in Twenty20 internationals, second-highest against Scotland in T20Is, and highest in a T20 World Cup; their previous best chase was 164 against Zimbabwe in Sylhet in the 2014 World Twenty20.
- Scotland scored 176, their greatest total in a T20 World Cup and their sixth-highest score against Ireland in T20 internationals. Their previous record was 165, which they achieved on the same day last year against PNG at Al Amerat.
- Michael Jones’ 86 was Scotland’s fourth-highest score in T20 international play, the highest score by a Scotland batsman against Ireland in T20Is, besting the 76 scored by Richie Berrington in the same match in Dublin in 2019.
- The highest score ever scored by a Scotland batsman in a T20 World Cup, besting the 70 scored by Richie Berrington against Papua New Guinea on the same day last year at Al Amerat.
Today’s Highlights of Scotland vs. Ireland
- Michael Jones scored the most runs for Scotland. He hit 86 runs off 55 balls, including six fours and five sixes, for a strike rate of 156.36, and the team finished with 176-5 in 20 overs.
- Richie Berrington hit 37 runs with three fours and a six off 27 balls, Matthew Cross hit 28 runs with five fours off 21 balls, and Michael Leask was not out with 17 runs.
- Curtis Campher said that Josh Little was Ireland’s best bowler. Josh Little gets two wickets and an extra one for Mark Adair.
- Ireland reached their goal of 180-4 in 19 overs, largely thanks to Curtis Campher, who hit an unbeaten 72 off 32 balls to help them reach their goal.
- George Dockrell hit 39 (not out) off 27 balls, including four fours and a six. Lorcan Tucker added 20 (not out) off 17, with two fours.
- The best Scottish bowler was Michael Leask, and Brad Wheal and Safyaan Sharif each took one wicket.
· Curtis Campher was the most valuable player of the game because he got 72 runs off of 32 balls, including seven fours and two sixes, for a strike rate of 225.