Watch the highlights of the 11th match of the ICC T20 World Cup 2022, which was contested between Ireland and West Indies at Bellerive Oval in Hobart on the 21st of October 2022. This match was part of the first round of the ICC World Twenty20 International event as recorded by The UK Time.
Gareth Delany took three wickets before top-order batsmen Paul Stirling’s unbeaten half-century, Andy Balbirnie’s quick-fire 37, and Lorcan Tucker’s unbeaten 47 gave Ireland a nine-wicket win over two-time World Twenty20 champions West Indies and a spot in the Super 12s. This was the 11th match of the T20 World Cup.
- West Indies’ season has ended early because of their losses to Ireland and Scotland.
- The West Indies scored 146 runs (5 wickets lost) in 20 overs. Brandon King hit 62 runs (unbeaten) off 48 balls (6 fours and 1 six).
- Both Johnson Charles (24 runs off 18 balls, three fours, and 1 six) and Odean Smith (19 runs off 12 balls, two sixes, and four fours for a strike rate of 158.33) did not lose in their innings.
- The best Irish bowler was Gareth Delany, who got 3-16. Simi Singh and Barry McCarthy each got one wicket.
- Ireland reached their goal of 150-1 in 17.3 overs, thanks to Paul Stirling’s heroic batting. He hit an unbeaten 66 off 48 balls, which included six fours and two sixes.
- Lorcan Tucker hit a 45 that was perfect (two sixes and two fours off of 35 balls).
- The best bowler for the West Indies, Akeel Hosein, was only able to pick up one wicket.
- As a bowler, Gareth Delany got the Player of the Match award for taking three wickets and giving up 16 runs in four overs.