The term “e-learning” was coined sometime in the mid to late 90s. This is a relatively new concept but has gained wide acceptance, especially with the targeted groups of teachers and trainers interested in acquiring new knowledge through internet resources or CDROMs of training materials.
Today, learners have easy access to e-books, software tutorials, webinars, online conferences, and virtual classrooms, which they can access anytime and anywhere across the world. Apart from making information available to the masses at ease, it also allows content providers to publish their material for self-promotion purposes.
When you use e-learning in Singapore services provided by Learning & Development facilitators, business is in good hands:
1) You save time and effort when looking for courses or training materials you want to share with your team members.
2) Your employees’ work output can be improved by accessing e-learning resources such as webinars, also known as online seminars providing them with project management skills training.
3) Time spent on learning is maximized by sharing courses amongst all employees within a department or an organization. 4) There are more chances of improving employees’ job satisfaction and motivation since they will not feel like “just another number in the system” anymore. They will see their contributions and individual efforts recognized when managers provide them with appropriate opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills.
5) Your team members who attend training sessions at the organization’s cost can benefit from these e-learning materials as well once they are back at their desks. They will not have to take leave again to attend such training programs carried out by external agencies.
6) E-learning resources allow learners to develop themselves continuously throughout their career, whether it is getting a certification of IT training courses through a virtual classroom or expanding their business management skill set with webinars on human resource development
7) The use of “new economy” tools ensures that the knowledge you acquire will be more relevant to your line of work in today’s fast-moving Internet age, where the market changes rapidly. You will also find yourself exposed to cutting-edge technology trends in your industry, which will benefit you and your company.
8) When employers provide their employees with opportunities to upgrade themselves through e-learning services, staff retention rates are likely to improve significantly. This is especially so if the financial benefits that come with acquiring new skills are made known. Employees who know that they have choices other than just staying in one firm for life can also feel more confident about putting in extra effort for their job security.
9) Your employee’s satisfaction levels at work can go up when they come across an online learning course perfectly tailored to their needs. This is because you get what you want at the right time instead of getting general training programs meant for all employees regardless of their experience levels.
10) If you feel that there is a lack of communication in the workplace, the above-mentioned tools can be used to bring your employees closer together with learning forums or online discussion groups. This will also help break down barriers among your employees from different departments, which may have been present for many years.
The use of e-learning in Singapore has increased considerably in many organizations resulting in greater productivity among employees. These reasons clearly illustrate why you must consider this method whenever seeking new ways to enhance your firm’s competitiveness or when looking out for an efficient training solution. When you are ready to take advantage of the latest web-based technology, make sure that you get expert advice from a reputable training service provider.