Apart from a bright face and glowing skin, do you know what adds beauty to a person? That’s none other than our hair. Hair is like a crown; it improves your personality. Having strong and shiny hair will add additional beauty to your face and can boost confidence in you. It can make your dull day into the brightest one.
But more often than not, given our busy schedules, no one has time to maintain their hair. So your hair becomes weak, brittle, and dull due to daily exposure to extreme sunlight, pollution, sudden weather changes, and even stress.
Stress can also make your hair unhealthy and prone to damage. So we should take care of our hair at least once or twice a week. There are countless cosmetic products available in the market. But nothing can compete with natural herbs. Also, going to a salon all the time can dig a hole in your pocket.
So let’s discuss some natural solutions that help cure all the common hair issues and give a shiny natural glow.
5 Kitchen Ingredients to get Natural Hair Glow
Instead of spending much money and time in a salon, it is always better to go back to our elders’ basics. Oiling your hair regularly and massaging it gently will throw back your stress and keep you relaxed, and it might even save your hair.
Instead of using chemical hair oils, we shall try them ourselves at home with the kitchen ingredients. So without further ado, let’s talk about them:
Aloe Vera Hair Oil
One of the best treatments for your hair is always Aloe. Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant with excellent benefits for the hair; it will give you silky, lustrous hair. Aloe vera hair oil is a great remedy for hair fall.
- Aloe vera leaf – 1
- Rosemary oil or other essential oil
- Organic coconut oil – ½ cup
- Take a fresh aloe leaf and cut it into two halves. Open the leaf and scoop out the aloe vera gel and transfer it into a small bowl.
- Now take this aloe vera gel and coconut oil in equal proportion in the ratio of 1:1. Here, we have taken ½ cup in both.
- Heat this mixture for about 5 to 7 minutes on low heat.
- After that, switch off the flame and leave it to cool down completely.
- After cooling, add five drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Now pour the mixture into a bottle and store it in a cool place for up to 2 weeks.
- After two weeks, you can use this oil.
This handmade aloe vera hair oil is an excellent solution for hair fall and dandruff. It also prevents dry and itchy scalp. Doing it once or twice a week strengthens your weak hair and increases hair growth. It also balances the pH level of the hair and scalp.
Amla Hair Oil
Amla or gooseberry is an excellent treatment for hair loss. Amla oil improves hair flexibility and prevents premature hair greying.
- Extra virgin coconut oil – 4 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Fresh Amla – 2
- Cut the amla fruit into four pieces and allow them to dry in the shade for at least an hour.
- Add coconut oil, sesame oil, and amla pieces into a small pan and heat them on low heat until they make bubbles.
- Then switch off the flame and leave them to cool.
- Transfer it into a bottle and keep it in a cool place for a week before you use it.
This amla oil is the ideal choice for those suffering from hair fall, hair damage, and premature graying. It strengthens your hair and promotes growth as amla is loaded with cooling properties that ease your stress and cools down the scalp. You can apply this amla oil daily, and both men and women can use it. Regular usage of this oil can make your hair darker, softer, and silkier.
Hibiscus Hair Oil
Hibiscus is a magical flower loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and other minerals that prevent hair greying, hair fall and stimulates hair growth.
- Hibiscus leaves – ½ cup
- Hibiscus flower – 2
- Organic coconut oil – ¼ cup
- Almond oil – ¼ cup
- First, wash the hibiscus leaves and flowers in cold water.
- Dry them in the sun so that their nutrients remain intact.
- Add almond oil and coconut oil to a pan and heat it. Then add the hibiscus leaves and petals to it carefully.
- Heat the mixture on a low flame for up to 5 minutes and then remove the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Once it is cooled completely, strain out the oil and transfer it into a dark bottle.
- Keep it in a cool place for one week, and then you can start using it.
- Use the oil when it is warm, so slightly warm it when using.
Hibiscus oil fights premature graying, split ends and gives a luminous shine to your hair. It also stimulates hair growth with thick, silky soft hair.
Onion Hair Oil
Onions are rich in sulfur that promotes hair growth and helps to treat various hair problems. It is an excellent magical hair oil for baldness.
- Organic coconut oil – 6 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Onion – 1
- Rosemary or Lavender essential oil – 3-4 drops
- Chop the onion into fine pieces and add it to a saucepan.
- Also, add garlic cloves and coconut oil to the same pan.
- Heat the mixture until it stops bubbling. (Only on low flame)
- Allow it to cool.
- After cooling, add essential oil to the mixture.
- Drain the oil into a bottle and place it in the fridge for about ten days.
Onion oil has antibacterial properties that help treat scalp infections. The vital vitamins and minerals in onion oil strengthen the hair from its roots and give robust and healthy hair growth. Try this oil at least twice a week to get glossy, gorgeous hair.
- Curry Leaves and Coconut Hair Oil
Do you know curry leaves are the best solution for long hair? Our grandma would have informed us of this tip. But we could not have taken it seriously. Now, curry leaves are getting more popular in treating hair fall and hair greying.
- Cold-pressed coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- A handful of curry leaves
- Take a pan, add coconut oil to it, and heat it under low flame.
- Once the oil has got warmth, add curry leaves.
- Stir it until a black residue forms.
- Now remove the pan from heat and allow the oil to cool.
- Pour the oil into a container or bottle and keep it in a dark place.
- Heat the oil slightly before you start using it.
Curry leaves hair oil increases elasticity and makes your hair stronger. It helps to restore the melanin pigment, which gives the dark black color to your hair. The abundant Vitamin B in curry leaves oil promotes healthy and lustrous hair growth, along with a pleasant scent.
Not only these five, but there are also many other hair oils that you can make at your home using carrot juice, henna leaves, grape seed oil, sesame oil, and sage. All of them have excellent hair growth properties, and so you can combine them to create your hair oil. Get soft, silky, shiny, and lustrous hair with kitchen ingredients.