The small town of Coorg, located in the state of Karnataka, is popularly referred to as South India’s Kashmir. This region does offer a lot to tourists of all types. From nature exploration to adventure activities to spiritual tours to a simply rejuvenating and relaxing experience, this place is a hidden gem amongst the Western Ghats that needs to be explored. The diverse landscapes here are sure to make your vacation memorable. Considering evolve back, Coorg advance booking will do a lot of good to ensure that your favorite room is booked.
Exciting activities to engage in during the trip to Coorg
- Abbey Falls: This waterfall is quite a popular attraction here. But you can get to see the waters in full flow, mainly during the monsoon season. The pristine waterfall is also a fantastic location to spend quality time and enjoy a picnic with your family and friends; it is located at Hoskeri.
- Camping: If you love camping, then you should check out the different camping packages offered here. This region is known for its surreal beauty, and camping allows you to enjoy seeing this place closely.
- ATV Biking Adventure: Coorg takes immense pride in its terrain diversity. It is also an excellent spot to enjoy riding an ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle). This experience is quite thrilling and fun; you need to visit Chevalara to enjoy the ATV ride.
- Spice: There are plenty of spice sellers selling their goods in the city’s main market. Coorg is home to several exotic spices, and the ones sold here are all locally procured ones and cheap. You may buy some for yourself, friends, family, and acquaintances.
- Elephant Camp: Dubare Elephant Camp at Kushalanagar is famous for offering tourists elephant rides and wildlife safaris. You are sure to enjoy watching and riding the South Indian elephants.
- Trekking: If you love trekking, you are in for a pleasant surprise as there are many trekking opportunities for enthusiasts. The natural beauty of Coorg is best explored on foot. You can avail Kumara Parvatha Trek or Nishani Motte Trek as they are pretty exciting.
- Jeep Trailing: The jeep tour takes you across the Madikeri jungle, allowing you to check out flora and fauna of the region as well as the beautiful sunset. You may even visit Mandalpatti, considered to be a fast emerging tourist spot. These drives are known to become mystical during sunsets, thus making it a cherishable adventure. For this, you need to visit Stuart Hill.
- River Rafting: If you are wild at heart and want to engage in a river rafting experience, then water rafting at Barapole River is something that you should not miss.
- Madikeri Fort: Stuart Hill is also famous for its fort, referred to as the Madikeri fort. This fort boasts of having a history that dates back about two centuries. History buffs are sure to enjoy visiting this place, and you are sure to learn a lot about Coorg and its history.
- Plantation Walk: The significant highlights of Coorg are considered to be its coffee and tea plantations. Going through one of the plantations here will allow you to learn more about them and the different types grown there. The entire walking tour takes about 3 to 4 hours to complete; you might feel tired by the end. Having your choice of tea or coffee freshly brewed here will make you feel rejuvenated and relaxed.
- Mountain Biking: This activity is seriously fun-filled and exciting. It also offers you a fantastic view of the hilly surroundings and astounding landscapes. You are sure to get an adrenaline rush by riding a bike in such terrain; several resorts here offer this activity.
- Tibetan Golden Temple: You might just fall in love with this distinguished structure, its beautiful surroundings, and its ambiance. Namdroling Monastery is located right at the Tibetan Settlement’s center and is known for its piousness and magnanimity. There is also a Tibetan school established here for the resident monks. Also present is a souvenir shop within the premises. To visit this monastery, you are to reach Bylakuppe.
- Rappelling & Rock Climbing: This is another adventure experience to enjoy in the Coorg region. You can enjoy a real setup rock climbing experience that makes the activity completely enthralling. Rappelling is conducted in cascading waterfalls. To enjoy both, you are to reach Honnamanna Kere.
- Micro Flight Flying: Do you want to fly like a bird and enjoy the aerial view of the beautiful landscape below. Then you should head to Ponnampet, where you can take part in the Micro Flight Flying activity. You can soar in the sky like a bird and feel free. The hand glider provided is entirely safe and meant to accommodate two people. It also takes you to a height of about 5,000 ft.
- Night Drives: You may want to know what the nightlife of Coorg. In this case, you may go for a night drive that is sure to be an exhilarating experience. The fascination only gets further amplified as you travel through the forest thickets in the dark during night time. Up above, you can get to see the clear star-studded sky offering an ideal roof and a fantastic experience to remember.
- Talacauvery: It is a fabulous destination to be; the entire route is filled with scenic beauty. The drive through the mountains to reach Talacauvery amidst mist-clad mountains is filled with natural beauty. Moreover, the region boasts of tranquillity and calm, thus making it a surreal destination. It is also considered River Cauvery’s (Kaveri) origin, which is dedicated to goddess Kaveri.
- Ayurvedic Massage: You can have an ayurvedic massage here that offers immense relaxation and takes away your mental and physical pains. The experienced masseurs will apply exotic oils to your body, thus pampering you and providing a rejuvenating experience.
You should ensure advance evolve back Coorg advance booking, thus getting a room that fits your budget and specific needs.